As a healthcare organization, the health of our patients, doctors, and associates is our top priority as we reopen to service your needs. As a result, we wanted to take the time to inform you of the precautions we are taking to ensure your and our safety.
What We Ask of You
- If you are exhibiting signs of COVID-19 or if you believe you have been in contact with someone who may have been exposed, we ask you to reschedule your routine exam.
- Please come to your appointment by yourself or limit who comes with you to one person so we can adhere to CDC social distancing guidelines.
- If you need someone to bring you to your appointment, we ask that they wait outside or in their vehicle if possible.
- Please call the office upon your arrival so that we may control patient influx into the office and maintain proper social distancing. Office doors will remain locked and will only be opened by our staff when it is responsible to allow another patient to enter
- Patient visits that are typically non-scheduled, such as picking out or picking up glasses or contacts, are asked to call the office and we will ask that you come at a time when we do not have patients scheduled to limit contact and maintain distancing
Steps We Are Taking to Ensure Patient Safety
- Our patient volume will be limited to 2 patients per hour to allow for proper social distancing and cleaning between patients
- We will be using a contactless thermometer to perform temperature checks on all patients upon arrival and will be asking any patients with a fever to reschedule
- All equipment and surfaces will be thoroughly cleaned after each exam
- Our doctors and staff have been supplied with proper protective equipment, including masks, gloves, face shields, and protective glass barriers at check in areas. Patients will be supplied a pair of gloves for frame selection
- Frames will be disinfected prior to and following patients trying them on
- Our staff will wash their hands for 20 seconds with soap and water after each patient encounter with hand sanitizer available for patient use
- Patient intake forms will be emailed to be completed prior to examination if necessary
- We will continue to utilize telehealth platforms for medical eye evaluations that are providers are confident can be properly evaluated in this manner
- We will expand hours as necessary to accommodate patient demand while still maintaining proper social distancing